Stop pushing through! Some statistics on pain
Many people who come to see me have been in pain for a long time. We seem to have this culture of always pushing through, thinking it will go away or just putting up with pain while it's acute. If you've been feeling pain for more than 6 weeks it is now classed as chronic, making it harder to heal. The statistics below show just how many of us suffer from chronic pain and the adverse affects it has on our lives:
1. 38% of those with chronic pain in the UK are women, compared to only 30% in men. (NHS Digital)
2. 34% of the population have chronic pain. (Versus Arthritis)
3. Between 10.4% and 14.3% of people reported suffering from either moderately or severely restricting chronic pain. (Pubrica)
4. Those with chronic pain are 4x more likely to have depression or anxiety than those who are pain-free. (MHA National)
5. 43% of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress. (Web MD)
So this is your reminder to stop pushing through! Treat your pain before it turns chronic to give you the best chance of a full recovery. Get in touch today on 07525 448771 to have a chat and find out more.